Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You can't win them all

I consider myself lucky that lately there really hasn't been any adverse reactions to my second round of chemo. As a matter of fact, after all these weeks of taking Taxol (round 2 drug) I figured my body had "accepted" it. Yesterday I started to feel bad, and by the end of the day I knew that I was not going to be my normal happy self. I can honestly say that I was experiencing the worst possible headache in the history of my life (and that's a long time!) and my stomach wasn't feeling that great either (so no food for me) I spent the entire afternoon and early evening lying on the couch listening to the tv (volume turned way down) and by 7:00 pm I had enough and went upstairs to lie on the bed. I lay quietly for quite awhile and who knows when, I thankfully fell asleep. This morning my headache is still lingering but not nearly as bad (yes, I've been taking something for the pain) but I still really don't feel like myself. I did put in a call to the nurses at camp chemo this morning and since I have no fever they felt safe to say it wansn't the flu (thank goodness) but if I'm not feeling better later today they wanted me to call back.

I'm just going to lay low the rest of the day and wait for my head to stop throbbing. Thanks to everyone that continues to check in on me. This too shall pass.

xox
Joanne

4 comments:

  1. You might just need a long couple days of R&R. Definitely get back with them if you are still feeling ill this afternoon. I will keep my prayers lifted up for you today my friend, hoping to see you on the "well" side of this tonight! Keep the faith!
    ~sugarbakerz~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this is just a little blip in your treatment. I've been so glad to hear how well things have been going in general, and will be sending Good and Positive and Loving thoughts for you to get through this, and for things to get back on track. I get pretty bad migraines, which are probably no comparison, but I can definitely sympathize in my own way. Hugs - CeRae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better!!
    You are in my thoughts and prayers!
    Stay Strong,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry this was such a rough day. :0(

    ReplyDelete