Thursday, June 4, 2009

Only one treatment left!!!

Hello All!

I can now say: ONE MORE CHEMO TREATMENT TO GO!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!! Sorry, just a LITTLE excited! :-)

It was fairly quiet at camp chemo this past Tuesday. By 11:00 the morning "gang" had left, and the afternoon "gang" hadn't showed up yet. I looked up at one point and it was just me and one other camper down on the other side of the room. In a very strange turn of events, there was a woman getting treated next to me when I first arrived, and her husband was keeping her company. We began to chat (doesn't take much to get me started lol) and it turned out that he had been the principal of MY elementary school for a very long time and retired the year before I began there! HOW STRANGE IS THAT! Of course we knew many people in common and it made the time go by quickly. When they finally got up to leave, I realized that the woman had been DONE with her treatment and they had just stuck around to talk with me. It was an absolute pleasure to talk with them, and it IS a very small world!

I also wanted to share a lovely poem that my sister sent to me, I think you will like it.

I Will Wear Pink

With pride

In celebration of those who have won their battle

Looking forward to the future, when one day we will find a cure

Living well, Loving much, and Laughing often

With excitement over the advances we have made

Eagerly awaiting the advancements yet to come

Always

Remembering those that we have lost

Promising to show my support

In honor of all of those currently fighting the battle

Never giving up….

Knowing that There Is Hope!

Hope that put a smile on your face...I know it did on mine!

Have a great week!

xox

Joanne

1 comment:

  1. Happy dance time!! (Okay, the cat is now starting at me as I am so excited!) Only one treatmemt left!! Whoo hoo! I am SO happy for you!! High five, Girlfriend! You are almost there! :0)

    ReplyDelete