Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know it's been a few weeks since I've checked in. I'm so sorry! Life was very chaotic for the few weeks that everyone was home, and I barely even thought of going online. Remember when we did not have our lives connected to the "world wide web?" lol Life managed to go on just fine.

Anyway, yesterday I had chemo number three, and all is well. I didn't feel very good the afternoon of chemo and took to bed for most of the day. Later realized that it was MY FAULT! I forgot to take my afternoon anti nausea meds and the good news is that now I know that they work! Won't forget those again. The next step on the journey is to see my doctor next Tuesday. She will give me RX to get PET scan, and based on that scan, which will tell how WELL the chemo is working (see how optimistic I'm being) then the next step of my journey will begin. It will either be more chemo or possibly surgery. Not sure at all...it all depends on what the PET scan shows. Lets all hope that the chemo is attacking those cells with a vengence!!

I have some fun pics to share and more to tell, but Rachel is leaving to go back to college on Saturday, and we area doing some last minute errands to get her ready.

I'll be all alone soon, and with lots more time to blog. Again, thanks for the many cards, well wishes and phone calls that I receive from all of you. They are what keeps me going on a daily basis.

I wish everyone HEALTH and Happiness in this new year!

xox
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment