Saturday, January 15, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS! Check out my daughter Jessica on OPRAH!!!

OK...this is COMPLETELY UN-cancer related (is that a word?!) But I am such a proud mother...I just HAD TO SHARE! You may or may not know (how well do you REALLY know me lol) but my oldest daughter, Jessica, works for The Oprah Winfrey Show. Yes, it's exciting not only for her, but for her 'ol mom as well, who gets to live vicariously through her. I could write a blog entirely on the stories that she tells me...but of course I am usually sworn to secrecy, so that wouldn't really work. (Besides, who would I tell any way? Well, maybe MY mother!)

As you all know, it is Oprah's last season (yes, Jess will be looking for a new job. (Exactly where one goes after "Oprah" is unclear...but knowing Jess, it will be something else that's equally as great) and Jessica is always hard at work, but this final season has been a little crazy, to say the least.

She works as the assistant to one of the executive producers, Lisa Morin, and is often asked to do some "unusual" things. Lisa was the producer of the show where Oprah and Gayle went to Yosemite to go camping, and one of Jessica's jobs was to make and test the "menu" for Oprah and Gayle that would be used on the camping trip. She even asked me for some advice on camping food, being the "seasoned" girl scout that she has made fun of me for years! (Yeah! Girl Scouting finally came in handy!)

Being the last season of the show, there is a new program on the OWN network showing the "behind the scenes" of the last year. It airs on the OWN network at 8:00 PM on Fridays. I have occasionally caught glimpses of Jessica's back, or seen her walking through the office. The "behind the scene" crews are everywhere 24/7, so you really never know if she will show up. BUT you can see her in a special exclusive webisode (talk about a made up word) on the Oprah Show website. Check it out here:

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprah-behind-the-scenes/Exclusive-Webisode-Harpo-Cookout-Video

All I can say is, "That's MY GIRL!" :)

(Isn't it fun to NOT talk about cancer! lol)

xox
Joanne

2 comments:

  1. That was so cool! You must be so proud--of all your daughters.

    You looked so good when I saw you Saturday! But, I forgot to tell you congrats on becoming (soon) a grandma--so Congratulations!

    kp

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! Jess looked like she was having such a good time too!

    Julie O.

    ReplyDelete